Friday, July 10, 2026

When Counting Calories Isn’t Enough

  “I tracked calories for 90 days. I got thinner – and more anxious.” That’s what Priya, 29, a content creator from Delhi, told me. Her routine was textbook: 1200 calories, protein shakes, gym six days a week. She lost four kilos but cried often, snapped at her mother, and couldn’t sleep. Food had become punishment. What if the problem isn’t calories? What if you’re feeding only one layer of yourself?

 From food, the person is born. But the next line says: “Inside the food body lies the energy body.” Feed all five layers – body, energy, mind, wisdom, bliss – and cravings disappear. Junk food only fills one layer. Three thousand years ago, the Taittiriya Upanishad described five layers of human existence – the Panch Kosha. Each layer needs its own nourishment. More https://www.wisdom.vedaspark.com/blogs/when-counting-calories-isnt-enough

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Do I Spend Money When I Feel Stressed?

 Have you ever had a difficult day and found yourself shopping online just to feel better? Perhaps work was exhausting, you felt disappointe...